After California voters shot down their proposition last fall to require GMO labeling, many of us who support the right to know what’s in our food thought it was pretty much over, that the big money global food processors had won. But don’t be so quick to throw up your hands in despair because now Oregon has entered the fight. And Oregon is doing it with numbers – at least a dozen bills – aiming at everything from requiring labeling for genetically engineered food to prohibiting crops grown with the microorganisms.
Let’s hope that at least one of these pieces makes it through the big bucks propaganda machine.
Read more here: Bills target genetic engineering | capitalpress.com.
Related link: Biotech in Your Kitchen | The Practical Vegetarian
- VT House Ag Committee Passes GMO Labeling Bill (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- The Gary Null Show – 03/01/13 (prn.fm)
- Warning: Major Supplements Openly Contain GMO Vitamin Sources (ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com)
- Nutrex Hawaii to Showcase Non-GMO Project Verified Spirulina Pacifica Superfood at 2013 Natural Products Expo West (prweb.com)
- RW Garcia Introduces Two Delicious New Dippers Flavors (prweb.com)
- Warning: Major supplements openly contain GMO vitamin sources (sott.net)
- What’s the Problem With GMOs? (thelibertybeacon.com)
- State house panel hears GMO arguments (seattletimes.com)
- What you need to know about GMO labels (mnn.com)
- GMO Labeling Campaigns Enter New Battlegrounds (triplepundit.com)