Angela Corey, who is the Florida special prosecutor assigned to investigate the shooting of the unarmed 17 year old, is expected to announce her decision by Friday however it’s “not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face,” according to The Washington Post.
The pending charges of Zimmerman come one day after Zimmerman’s two attorneys announced that they would no longer represent him. His attorneys left because, among other issues, Zimmerman cannot be located.
One of Zimmerman’s former attorneys Hal Uhrig expressed concern that Zimmerman may no longer be in Florida.
According to The Washington Post, Uhrig said, “You can stop looking in Florida. Look much further away than that.”
Martin’s parents, meanwhile, are trusting the system to find Zimmerman. “When it is time to arrest him, they will find him,” reports The Washington Post.
Link to The Washington Post article: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says – The Washington Post.
- Zimmerman Attorneys Reveal George Zimmerman Is Not In Florida, And Much More (mediaite.com)
- George Zimmerman’s lawyers say he no longer considers them his legal counsel (dailykos.com)
- George Zimmerman’s Attorneys Withdraw From Case (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Prosecutor Promises News as Zimmerman Lawyers Quit (abcnews.go.com)
- Case Of Trayvon Martin Takes A Twist; George Zimmerman’s Lawyers Quit (allhiphop.com)
- NBC Apologizes For Editing George Zimmerman’s 911 Call on Today Show (gawker.com)
- NBC issues apology on George Zimmerman tape screw-up (nextlevelofnews.com)
- NBC Fires Producer Who Edited Zimmerman Audio (newser.com)
- Zimmerman Lawyer Invokes Shaken Baby Syndrome (newser.com)
- George Zimmerman to Ask for Donations Online (newser.com)
- Special prosecutor will not use grand jury in Trayvon Martin investigation (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Special Prosecutor Says No Grand Jury In Trayvon Martin Case (alan.com)
- Attorney: Zimmerman defense fund website is real (heraldonline.com)
- Prosecutor In Trayvon Martin Case To Make Announcement Within 72 Hours (mediaite.com)
- Trayvon Martin death won’t go to Fla. grand jury (thenewstribune.com)
- George Zimmerman build website for financial support (getwititmagazine.com)
- George Zimmerman Launches Website To Raise Money For Legal Fees (washington.cbslocal.com)