Talk about your conspiracy theorists! Pelosi is in denial that the majority of Americans don’t want a Islamic center so close to the site that was attacked by radical Moslems on 9-11. According to FoxNews.com:
“There is no question that there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some,” she said in remarks posted Tuesday in a video on the San Francisco Chronicle website. “And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded.”
My question to Ms. Pelosi and President Obama is: Why is the building of this Islamic center at Ground Zero so important to you?
Even though Moslems have the right to practice their religion and build their mosques anywhere, just as any other religion in this country, it doesn’t make it right to build this Islamic center there!
I’ve heard the spin on this that we should all be “sensitive” to their feelings, but sensitivity is a two-way street. This Moslem group may be moderate and peace-loving but their Islamic brothers who attacked the Twin Towers on 9-11 weren’t. If this group really wants to build understanding between the religions, as they claim, they should be sensitive to the feelings of Americans who lost loved ones in the attacks and to the feelings of the majority of Americans who are against this.
- Pelosi asks: Who is funding opponents of mosque? (sfgate.com)
- Pelosi wants investigation of Ground Zero mega-mosque opponents (jihadwatch.org)
- Pelosi: Probe mosque opposition (politico.com)
- Pelosi Calls for Investigation into Anti-Muslim Groups (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Pelosi adds to comments on anti-mosque funding (thehill.com)
- A speaker, not a listener (powerlineblog.com)
- Mosque Leaders Are Not Planning to Move, and Other Cordoba House Developments! [Controversy] (gawker.com)
- Pelosi calls for transparency from both sides in mosque dispute (jta.org)
- King calls Pelosi comments a ‘threat’ to 9/11 families (thehill.com)
- Ground Zero mosque is ‘local decision’ Pelosi says (telegraph.co.uk)