After all the negative news lately, it’s wonderful for some good news! This morning, the Dodgers announced they finally have new owners. And one of them is a superstar!
Former Lakers champion Magic Johnson is part of a group purchasing the Los Angeles team for $2 billion which “is the highest amount ever paid for a North American sports franchise,” according to the team website.
The purchase must be approved by a bankruptcy court. The agreement adds another $150 million for the property including parking lots.
In the team announcement this morning, Magic Johnson said, “I am thrilled to be part of the historic Dodgers franchise.” We are thrilled you are too Magic!
- Magic Johnson Buys L.A. Dodgers (rapradar.com)
- Dodgers sold to group headed by NBA great Magic Johnson for $2 billion (natsville.wordpress.com)
- Group Led By Magic Johnson Now Owns L.A. Dodgers (ksfm.radio.com)
- L.A. Dodgers Sale: Magic Johnson Eager To Revitalize Historic Franchise In Los Angeles (losangeles.sbnation.com)
- Magic Johnson Buys the L.A. Dodgers (thotplaces.com)
- LA Dodgers fans looking forward to team’s future with Magic Johnson (abclocal.go.com)
- Magic Johnson’s group reaches agreement to buy Dodgers – CBSSports (fanup.wordpress.com)
- Group Led By Magic Johnson Wins Bid For L.A. Dodgers (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Magic Johnson Group To Buy Dodgers In Record Deal (npr.org)
- Magic Johnson-Led Investment Group to Purchase L.A. Dodgers For $2 Billion (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson New owner of LA Dodgers (getwititmagazine.com)