Gingrich has “a little bit of Richard Nixon in” him, “he likes the high wire in the same way that Nixon did,” according to conservative biographer and consultant Craig Shirley quoted by MSNBC.
Gingrich will make the official announcement, possibly endorsing Mitt Romney, text Tuesday, May 1, according to MSNBC.
LINK TO MSNBC STORY: NBC Politics – Gingrich to leave campaign, but not the national spotlight.
- Gingrich to End Campaign (wreg.com)
- BREAKING: Newt Gingrich To Drop Out Next Week (thinkprogress.org)
- Gingrich all but concedes his presidential campaign is over (theglobeandmail.com)
- Daughter: Gingrich To ‘Reassess’ Campaign (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Gingrich loses again, signals exit from race (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Gingrich says effective as ‘citizen’ (kshb.com)
- Gingrich on Plan B: ‘I’m quite happy with Plan A, frankly’ (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Gingrich to ‘Look Realistically’ at Future (abcnews.go.com)
- Despite speculation, Gingrich won’t drop out Tuesday night (thehill.com)
- Gingrich hints he may drop from race this week (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- FINALLY? Newt Gingrich Might DROP OUT If He Doesn’t Win Delaware (businessinsider.com)
- Gingrich vows to look ‘realistically’ at his campaign (timesleader.com)
- It’ll be so anticlimactic when Newt Gingrich finally bows out (theblaze.com)
- Newt Gingrich To End Campaign Next Week (mediaite.com)
- Gingrich all but concedes his campaign is over (newsok.com)
- Sources: Gingrich to end campaign next week (news.blogs.cnn.com)