After the shock and outrage last Saturday when the leader of Proud Boys Tweeted that he had been invited to the White House, the group is now doubling down by claiming that it’s no big deal because they have had a “member” there for the last four years!
According to a Newsweek article posted today,
The message appears to be a thinly-veiled reference to Donald Trump, who was heavily criticized in September after he failed to denounce the group during the televised presidential debate and instead told them to “stand back and stand by.”
The Proud Boys are an extremist group who advocate violence and racism, and who should be declared domestic terrorists.
As for what actually happened last Saturday, the truth, like all other things Trump, is what you want to believe.
The White House officially says that the Proud Boys leader was part of public tour group and that the photo he Tweeted was one any tourist could’ve taken with the building behind him. They claim he was not invited by Trump and did not have any interaction with him.
The Proud Boys got away with a pro-Trump rally in DC last Saturday that quickly degenerated into violence. Multiple people were stabbed.
I am hoping that the new Administration will take action against groups like Proud Boys and recognize the for what they are: THEY ARE TERRORISTS. This is not a First Amendment issue: these people violate, and INTEND to violate, the Rights of everyone else. They must be declared terrorists and prosecuted as such!