What a crazy race it’s been! But oh what fun watching the GOP unable to get its act together!
Texas Governor Rick Perry dropped out of the race this morning. Almost at the same time, Iowa‘s Republican Party declared that Rick Santorum – not Mitt Romney as earlier announced – is the winner of the GOP caucus.
“There is no viable path forward for me,” Rick Perry said. Perry took a big hit in after his “oops” moment in an earlier debate. But the Fox debate the other night is what defeated his campaign.
The State Department had to scramble to sooth hurt feelings with Turkey. But worldwide, international leaders questioned why someone so ignorant could even be running for president.
Perry endorsed Newt Gingrich but his endorsement may not draw voters for Gingrich, especially in South Carolina who vote this Saturday. Evangelicals and social conservatives are not as impressed with Gingrich as they are with a social conservative like Rick Santorum. Gingrich’s three marriages and history of marital infidelity are a big negative to religious right voters.
“Newt has the heart of a conservative,” Rick Perry said.
- Gingrich suggests Santorum, Perry should exit race (thehill.com)
- Rick Santorum Responds To Calls For Him To Quit, Tears Into Gingrich And Romney (mediaite.com)
- Gingrich: “I would be delighted” if Santorum dropped out (hotair.com)
- Newt Gingrich Says Perry and Santorum Should Drop Out, Join His Campaign (inquisitr.com)
- Gingrich urges Santorum, Perry to drop out (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Things to Watch in Tonight’s Debate (newser.com)
- A stunning success for Santorum in Iowa – Romney’s lack of appeal strikingly worrying (worldviewtonight.wordpress.com)
- Top South Carolina Conservatives Ditch Rick Perry for Rick Santorum (usnews.com)
- Rick Santorum, the Conservative Consensus Candidate: Or Is He? (ibtimes.com)
- Rick Santorum Might Have Actually Won the Iowa Caucuses (usnews.com)
- Evangelical leaders’ endorsement might spark surge for Rick Santorum in South Carolina GOP primary (pennlive.com)
- Newt to Santorum, Perry: Drop out (politico.com)
- Newt’s Narcissism (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)